Register Login View Cart
User Login Minimize

Register
Forgot Password ?

Support » Forums
BEE-Line Software Forums Minimize

Welcome to the BEE-Line Software Forums. 

In an effort to provide better, more timely support to our users, we'd like to introduce you to our new user forums.  If you have a question or comment about one of our products, please use the support forum specific to that product below.  Alternatively, you can use the search function to search our FAQs and other posts for related topics.

We hope you enjoy this new support format, but in case you would rather contact us directly please use our Support Request Form or call us at 512.258.8855.

Minimize

BEE-Line Software Forums  General  General Discuss...  Using DXF files
Previous Previous

Next Disabled
New Post 8/2/2011 12:03 PM
  steinerj
1 posts
No Ranking

Using DXF files 

I reviewed your webinar on using BEST imagery and you talk about importing dxf files from AutoCADD.  I sucessfully imported a background file from Google into BEEST but I am having problems with a dxf file.  How does one georeference the dxf file in BEEST; the program does not seem to prompt the appropriate questions like it does when importing a map from Google?  I want to overlay the dxf (site map) on to the google background image.

New Post 8/3/2011 11:27 AM
  dshnayder
67 posts
No Ranking

Re: Using DXF files 

BEEST reads the object coordinates from the DXF file and displays objects on the screen based on those coordinates. When creating a DXF file, make sure that objects are saved with UTM coordinates.

New Post 8/23/2011 9:04 AM
  bwattle
3 posts
No Ranking

A question related to using DXF files, is there a maximum file size (MB) that can be read into BEEST?  I was trying to read in a 124MB dxf plot plan and received a "problem loading background file" error.

New Post 8/23/2011 12:03 PM
  dshnayder
67 posts
No Ranking

There is no maximum file size for DXF files that's enforced by BEEST. I suggest reducing the file size and loading the file again. To do that, you can export a smaller area and/or less layers from AutoCAD.

Previous Previous

Next Disabled
  BEE-Line Software Forums  General  General Discuss...  Using DXF files
Forums  -  Software Updates  -  Documents  -  Request Support  -  Webinars
© 2017 Providence Engineering and Environmental Group LLC Terms Of Use | Privacy Statement